New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for Siamese mag spring?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm building a Siamese Mauser .45-70, and the magazine follower spring is broken. A standard mauser won't work, because the Siamese box is slanted and the spring joints are offset forward.
Anyone know of a source, or is there a spring from a commercial rifle, perhaps, that would substitute?

Dave in Murfreesboro, TN
.416 Taylor
.45-70 Siamese Thumper

Posts: 91 | Location: TN | Registered: 27 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting/siammauser/index.asp

Not what you wanted, rather a nice article (I tried) r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks! I had looked at Numrich, but didn't navigate properly, I guess. Mark another one up for the heroes at AR!

Dave in Murfreesboro, TN
.416 Taylor
.45-70 Siamese Thumper

Posts: 91 | Location: TN | Registered: 27 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I had this problem, and I figured out that a spring out of a Enfield 303 magazine box could be cut down to work.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I've bought several of the Siamese Mauser springs from Numrich and they work just as they are.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Dave:
I'm building a Siamese Mauser .45-70, and the magazine follower spring is broken. A standard mauser won't work, because the Siamese box is slanted and the spring joints are offset forward.
Anyone know of a source, or is there a spring from a commercial rifle, perhaps, that would substitute?

I built one of these in the early '70s. The original spring would not lift the front of the 45/70 rounds enough to feed properly. I stretched it trying to get more lift on the front and broke it. I replaced it with a 1903A3 spring and it functioned perfectly.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote