New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 70 safety lever
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone help me find a source for a replacement Model 70 safety lever? Thanks.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yo, Chuck, hope all is very good and go to the "Backpacking" forum and let us know what sleeping bag you decided on.

For 70 parts, Google "Wisner's", they will have what you need.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
well for one a M 70 what??? pre post 64?
But my first place to look would be Brownell's They are getting better at having parts on hand or at least be able to order them from the factory.
And you could always go there Check with Winchester. You never know.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry. It's a classic and left hand to boot.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dewey, I have a call into wisners. Hopefully they have what I'm looking for.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe Ed Lapour.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big problem.

USRA, has restricted certain parts only to the factory now. The Safety lever is one of them, which now means a trip to the factory for the gun.

I know a local USRA service center, and they can not get any of the restricted parts.

James Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J Wisner:
The Safety lever is one of them, which now means a trip to the factory for the gun.
James Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Big problem is right, not too easy to get a gun back & forth from up here.
Chuck, I believe you can get a temporary "repair" permit to get things fixed down south, I think they give you 4 weeks or something.
But surely theres gotta be one around here.

What happened to the one you need to replace?

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure. It broke inside and I suspect it was that way when I bought it. It was discovered while having some other work done and has been repaired and now works great. Much better than before. However I would like a "just in case" spare as it's my main hunting rifle.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Hey, I got a LH Stainless Classic in 270, I need a little work done to it, who worked on your Mod70?

Rod

"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill Leeper did the work, but Rod I'll save you the trouble and work out a trade for this 7-08 for your 270.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Whadya have in mind?

Tell me about the 708

Rod

Bob Hagel

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a SA with a factory unfired SPS barrel cut and crowned at 21". The receiver face, bolt face and lugs have been squared. McMillan compact stock Talley Lw's and a Jewell trigger. I shot four animals with it this year and it did it's job well.

I just popped it up on CGN for sale with the thought of looking for another SS Model 70.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not so sure about this, but I replace a LH lever on a Dakot action for a client; got the lever right from Dakota. Maybe it would fit.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much different a left hand Model 70 lever is from Saterlee's left hand lever. If they are close, maybe you could modify one so that it worked for you on your Winchester.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
I wonder how much different a left hand Model 70 lever is from Saterlee's left hand lever. If they are close, maybe you could modify one so that it worked for you on your Winchester.

But who wants to wait 7 months for it? Big Grin

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Rod

Bob Hagel