Find
Notify
Tools

m24/47 & m24/52C
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted
Are these essentially the same action with differnet refurb dates?

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
Never mind, found what I needed at hoosier gun works

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
No, The 24/52 is a vz24 action while the 24/47 is based off of an intermediate FN derived action.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
Hoosiers didn't cover it now that I've read the descriptions thoughly.

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I've tried to point out to them that have some wrong info on their site. Even spelled it out once on another site for them.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4863 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
some of the 24/52's are FN actions I believe, but most are VZ 24's They are rearsenaled and tend to be in great shape, The 24/47's are yugo made usually in great shape, and are the smaller mauser action. The 24/52 is the better gun, usually the price also shows this too

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
The 24/52's are vz24's, period. The 24/47's are refurbs of either FN made or Yugo made intermediate length actions.

The only reason price of the 24/52 is higher is that there were fewer vz24's in use to begin with somewhere on the order of 10,000. The FN24 or Yugo M24 were nicely made actions unlike there M48 cousins.

I have heard of a couple of 24/52's that were in actuallity refurbed K98k receivers built up in the 24/52 spec. makes sense since this platform was based on the standard 98 action. The importers are notorious for stamping the rifles with whatever designation they want. I once got a Czech 98/22 that was import marked as a Turk M38. Luckily for me it also carried the Turk price tag. A real bargain that one was.

The yugo refurbs seem to have been rebarreled with decent barrels. All mine have proven to shoot very well indeed.

Aut vincere aut mori