New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kailua Custom Guns
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone done any business with this company?
Any comments?
Thanks
Stepchild 2

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
<Jordan>
posted
Mark at Kailua sold me some brass awhile back and gave me some load data on .250 Ackley Improved. He was friendly, helpful and prompt.

Jordan

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've talked with him via email a few times about some projects I'm working on. Always seems a cheery gentleman.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys,
For Your comments, Anyone else?
Stepchild 2

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have also done a bit of conversing with Mark. He generally hangs out over @ shooters.com .
I would have no fear giving him a consignment for a project,I have come through for him when he was searching for a barrel for a project. The next time I travel to his part of the state I will call him up and meet him to discuss a thought or two. He does know his stuff. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
45nut,
Thanks for the comments.
Stepchild 2

one of us
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago I bought a used 250 Savage AI barrel from him that was originally for a Rem M700. I sent him my rifle (a Ruger M77) and he fit and chambered the barrel and reblued it all. He was a pleasure to work with, very prompt, very fair pricing and the rifle is the most accurate one I own. It shoots in the three's if I do my part. My young son has been deadly with it to date on deer and hogs. The only thing I was disappointed in was the rather crude "stamping" of the caliber on the barrel.

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ed,
Glad to hear your reply, Thanks. I'm about to get into a 98 Mauser project and I feel better after reading all the replies.
I once bought a set of headers from a guy in N.Y. and the cardboard box they came in was worth more than the contents.
Thanks, to all who replied.
Stepchild 2

one of us
posted Hide Post
He rebarreled a Savage action for me to 350 Remington. Rifle shoots really, really good. Finish of the barrel was the most rust collecting bead blast ever, tool marks on the barrel and the stamping of caliber was very poor. This was three years ago. Hate to "dirt" someone here, but that should be the benefit of this board. Again, I never said it didn't shoot. One inch groups at 200 yards, but external quality was poor. Service was however very fast and cheap.

Posts: 346 | Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jesse,
I'm not having any gunsmithing done, i'm buying an action and barrel from him. Sorry about your deal. Thanks for the reply.
Stepchild 2

posted Hide Post
I've purchased three barrel from Mark over the past two years. One was better than described, one M98 had minimum thread count(still usable), and one 300WM barrel had to be returned for thread/shank problems. He quickly refunded the returned barrel money.

I would recommend him. If you're not happy with it, you are only out shipping costs, to and fro.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hotshot,
I just ordered an action and a barrel today. For the most part, everyone had good things to say about Mark.
Thanks for your reply and everyone else who answered.
Stepchild

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have exchanged email about his used barrels.
He seemed willing to tell me everything good AND bad about the barrels.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had some email conversations over the past year or so with him, and he was honest and professional 2 thumbs up.

Posts: 142 | Location: NY | Registered: 03 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank,
Thank you too,for your reply.
Stepchild

one of us
posted Hide Post
Is there a website address available?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, website link below:

http://www.kailuacustom.com/

Posts: 117 | Location: U.S.A | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote