Find
Notify
Tools

gun cleaning
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Don B
posted
This is certainly an elementary question, but how best does one clean the chamber, and action of a bolt gun. I think I'm having some sticky chamberings just cause I can't clean the sucker well.
Thanks,
Don

Posts: 218 | Location: Lawrenceville, GA | Registered: 22 September 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
I use one of these Midway

Order plenty of extra swabs and and a few extra mops when you order the kit. I spray Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber on the swab and mop. You will need to lightly lubricate all surfaces after using the Gun Scrubber as it completely cleans the surface.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the same one. They work well. An obsorbant rag and a pencil also work. I use an acid brush and paint everything with a non- amonia bore cleaner and let it sit 10 minutes the blow it out with gun scrubber type products at the end of the year when the gun is stripped and taken out of the stock. I follow up with the Mid Way kit. G/S works well on the swabs for routine cleaning, bore solvent does the same job just not as fast. I have had mine for years. Lug recess on a Remmy are a hugh PIA. I use mine on all my guns from ARs to 870s Sweet talk your dentist I get my cotton rolls from him when I am running low. I have 3 kids so he does not mind throwing me a bone once in a while. Make sure you clean that chamber well after you do the action.