THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: Turning a Ruger No. 1B forend into an Alex Henry?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Turning a Ruger No. 1B forend into an Alex Henry?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Numrich gun part corp?

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know who I might contact who would be able to economically recountour the profile of a Ruger semi-beavertail No. 1B forend into that of the Ruger Alex Henry style? Could this be done on what I think is called a stock duplicating machine?

Posts: 203 | Location: in & of Dixie | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Have you contacted Ruger?

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger won't sell you one. I've tried. They really piss me off with som of the attitudes they have. Now that they have non-adjustable triggers, they can go fornicate themselves.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Before I had one built, I would check out the guns shows, AuctionArms, Ebay and a few places like that. I have seen them available. It will cost you much less to buy a used forend and have it refinished (if need be) than it would to have one built.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You mite give the guy at Tree Bone Carving a buzz, he may be able to help, or maybe Precision Gun Works in Texas,

Have you tried Numrick Parts or Dixe Gun works, they some times have stuff

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try. Like you, I don't understand Ruger's policy. Whatever happened to the customer always being right (even when he's not).

Posts: 203 | Location: in & of Dixie | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
They show the part number and price on the part list. Who knows what their issue is.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I've seen Henry style forends for sale on eBay.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went through this for a customer several years ago. They will not sell you the stock or forearm unless you send them the serial number of the firearm that you need the stock for. That serial number must from a gun that originally left the factory with the AH type forearm.

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was going to offer some other options and my dim gray matter got me thinking, and I just checked my pile of take offs. I have one. Shoot me an email.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote