New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brockman sight on 1894 problem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I didn't get any advice on the lever action forum, so maybe some folks here can help.

I recently bought a brockmans peep sight for my Marlin 1894SS, 44 mag. According to the info on Brownells when I bought the Brockmans, the rear peep sight can be used with the factory front sight.

I mounted the sight the other day (on the front set of receiver screws, otherwise the sight hangs off the back when mounted on the rear screws). When I bore sighted it using my laser bore sighter, the sights line up about 6" low at 25 yards with the brockmans screwed all the way down for elevation adjustment. What's the deal? Did Brownells send me the wrong Brockmans model or is their information wrong regarding using the factory front sight?

Has anyone else had this problem? If I need to replace the front sight, what height do I need? Also, I wouldn't mind using a fiber optic front sight instead. Does anyone have any information on what height and/or a fiber optic front sight recommendation?

Thanks

Posts: 506 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
shoot it first and see what happens... i had a rifle boresighted with irons, the lowest it would go was still about a foot high.. when i actually shot it, i was about 4" low at 50..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact Jim Brockman at 208-934-5050,

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41980 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote