Find
Notify
Tools

Ammunition Clips for 1908 Brazilian Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I just purchased some original brass ammunition clips for an 8x57 that I will be building on a 1909 Argentine. They work great, and fit my K98k's, too.

The problem is they don't fit the charger guide on my 1908 Brazilian Mausers. The 1908 charger guide is too wide, and the clip slides down into the magazine. I would like to build a 9.3x62 on a 1908, and use the clips for fast reloading.

Where can I obtain some of the original clips for a 1908 Brazilian?

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I only know of two size stripper clips for .473" head cartridges and they are the narrow ones that you have and the ones for Swedish mausers or M1903 Springfields and other US arms, 1917 Enfield, Winchester 70 etc. I had a few M1908 Brazilians in my time, but never used a stripper to load them nor paid much attention to the size. I don't know if they are the same as USGI or some in-between size.

There are some for sale on eBay, 15 for $15.99 shipped or you can buy new stainless steel ones @ $4.95 a pair at either Champions Choice or Creedmoor Sports. Numrich GunParts also sells surplus USGI strippers for $1.49 a piece.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1602 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote