New
Find
Notify
Tools

PAWS mauser triggerguard need help!!!!!!!Please
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a mark X mauser in 25-06 the triggerguard floorplate assemblty weighs about 9+ ozs. and looks like $hit..Will a new aluminum PAWS triggerguard from Brownell's fit the Mark X action and stock w/ little alteration?? The guy who manufacters them in Oregon says he has never been asked that question before.. DuHHH!! He says try a german mauser assembly in the Mark X and see if they will interchange but I don't have access to the german 98 so , what to do.. I do not want to order one for $78.00 and then have the hassle of returning it. Hoping somone here can help me.. thanks much in advance,, Doc Stone

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
while i can't find it on brownells YET

as I recall, you can go from markx to mauser, with some inletting, but not mauser to markx...

we'll let the pros verify that for me

jeffe

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please elaborate (explain) ,,, so which one is bigger of the two ( the mauser orig. floorplate or the mark X) ?? Is that what you're saying... I'm slow,, thanks for the reply,, Doc Stone

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Ifi recal correctly, the markx front strap and box are slightly SMALLER than the misurp98.... which means that a markx could be inletted MORE to allow a 98 box, but a 98 would be ugly.

I've got one of those elcheapo's from gunpartscorp if you want to borrow it to see. just email me your address and I'll mail it off to you

jeffe

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
If you think the MKX assemply is ugly wait until you see the PAWS. I bought one to put on my wifes rifle and when we opened the package her first comment was send it back. It looked like cheap plastic. We were not impressed. All I can say is it was lighter. As others have said. You can used the 98 guard on a MKX you will need to inlet the stock a little (about 1/8") in front of the front tang.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try looking for a guard from a Parker Hale 1200.
Mine is Aluminum and fits the Mark X. Has the floor plate release in the trigger guard bow. Some Mark X have the release as a cross bolt in the guard (has a notch cut in the bottom of the stock) Look on EBAY - from time to time have seen the Parker Hale bottoom metal there.

I would be interested in purchasing your Mark X bottom metal if you want to sell it.

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe is pretty much right, but I don't think you can cleanly swap the floorplates either way (mkx to 98 or 98 to mkx) The front of the 98 extends further while the box of the mkx is a little longer. You'll have ugly gaps either way you try to go.

Doc, is your current floorplate steel or AL? If steel it can be cleaned up and reblued. I'm not sure what bluing process is done on AL.

I bought a steel MkX floorplate on auctionarms, that was a while back and there may be others. If you cant find any, I still have the one I bought in the white and would consider selling it.

Best of luck,

Dan

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote