Find
Notify
Tools

Cooper rifles
 Login/Join

<JLR>
posted
Hi folks,

Does anyone have the scoop on these rifles? Any good, personal experiences etc?

posted Hide Post
I have a Varminter in .17 Mach IV. It's a well-made, accurate rifle. I wish it was a repeater, though.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Mike Anderson>
posted
Don't know of anything bad, a friend has 2 varmiters, Coopers. I kinda view them as a good semi-custom rifle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I own a Cooper M21 in .222 Remington and shoot with two friends who own the same rifle in .223 AI. The thing shoots awesome. Trigger was great out of the box. 3/8" 100 yard groups are nothing for this rifle. 1/4" is easily and regularly acheived with just a little load work.
They are single shots. That doesn't bother me as I don't get too bent out of shape about quick followup shots on Prarie Dogs or groundhogs! I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I think they have a GREAT name! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Good Hunting,

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Reddman>
posted
Does Cooper Rifles have a web site???

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JLR:
Hi folks,

Does anyone have the scoop on these rifles? Any good, personal experiences etc?

Be sure to deal with a Cooper dealer or one known to you....I HAD a early 2700$ BR50 22 with wood upgrade and Lilja barrel and Jewell trigger and it wouldn't extract shells most of the time ....then got a centerfire 223 and the headspace was sooo bad it backed primers out of factory ammo and then after going back to the factory it still wouldn't let new shells fit into the chamber past the extractor hitting the barrel and when local gunsmith cut the extractor nearly to breaking point and still wouldn't work my GREAT dealer gave me my money back........ANYONE can have a bad gun....but Coopers attitude...it was something I was doing...I didn't know how to reload properly....wasn't their fault!!!!....also told me to use "military ammo" it was "cheaper"......and then not to verify that a problem gun was right after the headspace problem and to send it back still not chambering factory rounds??????!!!!makes me worry about anything with their name on it.....but they were both pretty guns!!!!!just as long as you didn't shoot them.....better luck and good luck!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote