New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ safety
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What would be involved in making a CZ safety operate like other safeties---forward for fire? I have heard there is a drop in unit by Timney?

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Not all are backwards. Timney makes drop in triggers but as far as I know they don't include safeties.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Yep they make them for the 550 which already works in the "normal" direction. I've not been able to find anyone now making one to reverse the safety of the smaller versions.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Learn to like it (think of an old hammergun!) or get a M70-style safety fitted.

If one sat down with a mug of some dammned good coffe and studied the safety for a long time on probably could figure out a way to make it work "the right way", I never bothered as I never did see it as a problem.

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What would be involved in getting the Mod 70 style fitted? What would be apx cost?

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
It would probably help to know which CZ you are talking about

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you mean CZ or Brno in this case? If Brno 601 or 602, check out Ed LaPour. I replaced the factory "backward" safety on a 602 with one of his Model 70 type 3 position designs.

Excellent workmanship.

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I would like a .204 Ruger--for what purpose I don't know. I like the CZ 527 American except the backwards safety. I don't like AR style and have looked at other bolt action rifles in walnut and blue. Ruger Hawkeye I saw had a bull barrel and was heavier than I wanted. The CZ is what I want--except the safety. Was wondering how much it would cost to convert it.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Probably about as much as the rifle assuming it could be done at all.

I thought I read someplace the M70 type safety didn't fit the 527 size bolt. I've seen numerous requests and threads about it and the rimfire. Never saw a solution.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone makes a CZ 527 aftermarket safety.

Like stated above. I just learned to like it as is.

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote