New
Find
Notify
Tools

rings on rugers?
 Login/Join

<jdcaley>
posted
Does anyone know if the rings for a ruger 77, would be useable on a ruger no.1?

<JBelk>
posted
jdcaley---

Use two front M-77 rings for low rings on a Number One, or two rear M-77 rings for highs.

They work fine but the Number One rib is level (so is the M-77/22 and M-77/22Hornet) but the M-77 centerfire is higher at the front ring than at the rear bridge so the rings are different heights.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This is kind of off topic, but I just put a pair of S&K projectionless on a No. 1 and they look fantastic. After about 100 rounds everything still seems tight. Like I said, I just put them on and they are on a 7x57 RSI version. Definitely not the most recoil test for rings, but they sure look nice.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Sniper>
posted
I like everything about Ruger rings except those darn slotted screw heads..Just can't seem to get them tight enough without goobering them up. Wonder why they do not go to a Torx or Allen screw?

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you use a screwdriver that fits the slot they work fine. Good luck.

Posts: 44 | Location: Deer Park, WA. 99006 | Registered: 23 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been using Leupold Ruger style rings without a single problem. Be careful about those stock Ruger rings as they have a tendency to eat into the dovetail cuts on the receiver if not mounted properly. Good luck. Cheers! Ming

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote