Find
Notify
Tools

CZ bolt / hole in the knob
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted
I have a CZ Safari in 375. I was shooting it and noticed how sharp the edges of that hole in the bolt are. It also seems that the handle is a little short and too close to the stock to work rapidly.

Does anybody else notice this or I am I whining. Does anyone have any suggestions for the bolt handle short of replacing it?

I was looking at filling the hole with something (welding, JB, epoxy, etc...)or stoning off the edges.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Straightened, welded, repolished, reblued:

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Send it to Jeffeoso. He will weld the hole shut, and you can file it down smooth.
I am having my CZ bolt handle replaced by a Billingsley & Brownell unit from Brownells. I may have it swept out and back one RCH (Red Cunt Hair. The nano-RCH is the smallest unit of measurement known to human kind).
If you fill it with JB weld be sure and rough it up and cut a few small slots in the hole so you get a mechanical lock with the epoxy.
Bad Ass Wallace just glued some hair around the hole on his CZ bolt handle. He gets all misty eyed whenever he manipulates it.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The best thing to do is to send it to Roger Kehr and have him install a checkered panelled bolt knob for you, they work better. :-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I would like to put an Orbendorf bolt handle and new safety installed eventually. But for a quick fix I am thinking about just filling with epoxy. It is super annoying to me to rack that bolt and have that sharp edge on the bolt knob.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
De-burr it and JB weld it up, JB is better than Epoxy, I think ... till you get it fixed by a Gunsmith. The JB's not too hard to get out.

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JCN,
I always was told the R in RCH was for Rat...
Back to the discussion my 7X57 550 American has a bolt head that is actually loose, it will screw up and down about a half turn and moves that distance freely. I haven't taken the time to fix it yet, I was planning on just squirting in some loctite and screwing it all the way up. I do like M1tanker's idea of a spoon bolt handle though.
Jason

Posts: 575 | Location: VA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote