Notify
Tools

Re: Win M-70 firing pin adjustment
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted
[quote
that is what I would like to know, what part of the firing pin/cocking piece assemble limits the firing pin travel ?

Is it the shoulder right behind the pin ?

Thanks for the replies

Firing pin protrusion distance is controlled at the juncture between the cocking piece and firing pin as it rests on the bolt shroud. It does not bottom out on the retaining rings of the firing pin spring, or the shoulder on the firing pin.
Under the circumstances, you'll need to replace your firing pin and cocking piece assembly, then have it properly fitted for correct sear engagement by a competent gunsmith.

Any other method would be extremely unwise, as well as being unsafe.

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While I have not done that repair to a M70 I just did to a Ruger 77-11. All I did was to turn the shoulder of the firing pin back so that when it contacts the inside of the bolt it protrudes further.

I just dialed it into the lathe and it came out right.

Where is Malm anyway?

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

While I have not done that repair to a M70 I just did to a Ruger 77-11. All I did was to turn the shoulder of the firing pin back so that when it contacts the inside of the bolt it protrudes further.

I just dialed it into the lathe and it came out right.

Where is Malm anyway?

that is what I would like to know, what part of the firing pin/cocking piece assemble limits the firing pin travel ?

Is it the shoulder right behind the pin ?

Thanks for the replies

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Matt,

I was going to take a M70 bolt apart to find out tonight.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote