New
Find
Notify
Tools

mistery problem with a taurus
 Login/Join

<graff>
posted
[Confused] Gentlemen: There is a lurky gremlin in a Taurus revolver I have. When fired single action, or slowly fired double action, all is OK. But whenever I fire it double action mode and do it fast, one of the cartriges is not fired. The firing pin makes a shallow dimple in the primer, while the other cartrige's primers are normally indented and, of course, fired. It does not happen with the same chamber everytime, is a random thing. Gunsmith says the gun is not out of time. Any ideas/sugestions will be much apreciated. thanks in advance.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It sounds like it is a problem related to the transfer bar system and firing pin protrution. I have seen this problem with the Redhawk and Super Redhawk as well. That's why Bowen Classic Arms designed a longer firing pin to install in all of their custom guns. You may want to send it back to Taurus to have them take a look but I doubt it if they can fix it. Good luck.

[ 02-23-2003, 19:28: Message edited by: Mingo ]

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
<graff>
posted
Thanks, Mingo! I'll focus on transfer bar/firing pin and see what I find.