Find
Notify
Tools

Another Duplicator For Sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted
Found while searching Craig's for carving chisels. It will do gunstocks nicely, just take off the plywood platform.

Terrco Wood Carving Machine - $6000 (Missoula, MT)
Date: 2011-12-03, 4:03PM MST
Reply to: sale-r4xen-2734513296@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Almost new Terrco Wood Carving Machine. Please see picture. An amazing help for woodworkers. If you buy it from a factory it goes for $8300. I am selling it for $6000. I also have a Performax 1632 sander as pictured for $500.

Please call Mark 406-542-2012 for more information and showings. Anxious to sell before Christmas so give a call!

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2734513296

Posts: 1464 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
You are better than I am I can't find anything on Craigs in Missoula like this unit

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I found it via a full internet search. Never found it using a Craigslist search.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
searchtempest.com

Plug in your zip code and miles you want to search, tempest hits all the Craig's sites. I usually search a 500 mile distance.

I was searching "Tools" for "Carving" and this Duplicator popped up.

If searching for a duplicator, I would use "duplicator" and if this turns up nothing then put in the makers names and search.

Posts: 1464 | Location: Running With The Hounds | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No spindles.It's just a carver.

Posts: 227 | Location: West Central Sask | Registered: 16 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WoodHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
No spindles.It's just a carver.

Spindles are there, you are not looking close enough.

The plywood is for carving flat back stuff like wall hangings. Look close and you can see the two gray colored spur heads that engage the butt end of the stocks. Centers up front are hidden by the plywood.

And the turning mechanism is there, under the blue sheet metal cover with the yellow sticker. The handle is removed from the cross shaft that extends across the frame, under the blue sheet metal cover. Look just to the left of the yellow sticker and you can see the cross shaft.

Look at mine below. Note the two gray colored spur heads on the right. (The wood strip is there to protect the cutters when the spindles are "parked"). The turning mechanism is hidden under the blue sheet metal cover on the far right. Mine has linear guide bearings on the carriage, the one for sale has the more common cable and drum wheel system for the carriage travel and alignment.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spindles are there, you are not looking close enough.

The plywood is for carving flat back stuff like wall hangings. Look close and you can see the two gray colored spur heads that engage the butt end of the stocks. Centers up front are hidden by the plywood.

And the turning mechanism is there, under the blue sheet metal cover with the yellow sticker. The handle is removed from the cross shaft that extends across the frame, under the blue sheet metal cover. Look just to the left of the yellow sticker and you can see the cross shaft.

Yep I cheated and went to the Terrco site than back to the picture and blew it up. Big Grin

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
That looks like the same machine George at Treebone Carving uses; turns out really nice work in his hands.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2942 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote