New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parker Hale bottom metal
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Does anyone know which direction the parker hale 375 H&H's are opened up? Only in front, or in the back too? Would anyone who has one recommend the metal as a basis for a custom rifle?

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
"Would anyone who has one recommend the metal as a basis for a custom rifle?"

No, I wouldn't. All the P/H bottom metal I've seen was made of aluminum and is low quality. Might be ok for a ultralight rifle, but if that's what I was after, a Mauser action wouldn't be my choice.

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
opps......375 H&H, Didn't see that. I've never seen a 375 H&H length P/H bottom metal, so take my 1st post with a grain of salt

Terry

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, the only PH 375 I ever played with was opened up at the front like the FN's. I don't know if this was a factory 375 tho'. FWIW - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
The reason why I ask is a person on Gunbroker puts unfinished boxes up every once in a while:

http://gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=18529450

They are a steel box, not AL, and are made with the release in the trigger bow, but I have never seen one in real life.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Looks neat.. if it's all from the front, it's a problem.. you can get a standard length one, just about the same, for 80 bucks, complete from numrich

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=881550A&chrSuperSKU=881550&MC=

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the 2 i have are pot metal & won't blue and gore very easily

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
jeffeoso have you seen one of the Numrich trigger guards in real life? Was wondering about the workmanship?

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Doug,
I have one.. it's "okay".. but, what can be expected for 70 bucks and shipping? it's functional... i think it could be polished and worked a bit (and blackburns are provided right off the mill, so the same holds true)

Is it a 400$ piece? HELL NO... is it a nice add one for an econosporter? I think blackburn should make a $150 model to match it.

I have a london gun ancient piece in the mail, and I'll compare them...

the numrich beats the trollsh!t out of a cheap assed piece of alum. one I picked up about 10 years ago... at least the numrich is steel.

Doug, i'll be glad to send it to you to inspect it... just pay the postage back

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote