Notify
Tools

EAW rings?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted
Anyone useing EAW qdr's and how do you like them? Thanks again

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, yes they used to be almost the standard for QD mounts in Europe - if one was sensible enough to avoid claw mounts . Their pivot mounts are great products, almost works of art. Work really well! Somewhat pricey when compared to US products, much better made, though. I'm not a gunsmith, but I have seen references to them as being tricky to install, true or not I don't know. They make mounts for a wide range of rifles. Their pivot mount has a little lever in the rear, probably some kind of extension of the locking mechanism, because you have to activate that lever to allow the scope to swing free. Watch it that this lever does not come off, that is the only failure I have ever seen in an EAW mount. There are also other EAW mounts, with which I'm not really too familiar. I once had an EAW side mount on a Mannlicher-Schoenauer. Worked well. Check their website: EAW - English Page
- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I have a set on my Sauer 200 and they have been satisfactory but I would not use them again unless scope removal was going to be frequent. Talley's perform the same function without the extra high mounting.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had them on a 98 and a Mannlicher-Schoenauer. Very quick and easy to use, as the single locking latch is spring loaded. I will probably put them on my 8x60 Brno.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I use and highly recommend them. Return to zero is about perfect, second only to the S�hler claw mount but definitely superion to the Leupold system (I have them all, so I can compare). A little pricey but really works of art. I've installed them myself (3 sets) and found it not more complicated than the others.
EAW swingout mount on my Sauer 202, 7x64

EAW fixed mount on my Win 70, .338 WM

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use them and are very satisfied.
They are great for the user and even better for the gunsmith as they are very simple to install as soon as you know the trick.

I use them and there is tricks how to get the mounting down.

I combine them with straight frontrings from Recknagel and gets the height resoable low that way.

Regards H�kan

Posts: 70 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 26 October 2003Reply With Quote