New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone try Dura-Coat?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am thinking of sending a stainless gun to Robar for the NP3 on the internals. Their Roguard would be an excellent exterior finish, but to save some money I was thinking of coating/painting it myself. I really don't need the external finished, I was just thinking a drab color would be best.

Anyone try Dura-Coat? My research seems to indicate it is the best DIY paint/finish, especially since I have the air equipment already. I have heard horror stories about teflon finishes not wearing worth a darn. The moly-sulfide coatings are probably best, but a bit pricey to get applied.

Brownell's link

Seriously considering good ole rustolem too in combination with my current method (car wax)

Posts: 72 | Location: Southern Louisiana | Registered: 25 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MetalMan - spend your hard earned money with Robar, they will do your firearm right - JMHO - KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mac's shooting irons does a KG finish. He returns emails quickly. Turn around is 2 weeks. He will do a barreled receiver all metal (except springs)including the sling studs and swivels for $190.00. Less if you do some of the tear down. This includes lapping of all parts for fit and function. He has a website. Gun is bead blasted and parkerized before the KG is put on. Iffen you mess it up, run or a fish eye or something you have to abbrasive blast it off.