Notify
Tools

Montana Rifle Company
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MontanaJeff
posted
Just a quick update for you all.

All Short and Long actions are either in house, on order (ususally within 60-90 days) or parts are on the way. We are currently doing more finishing work on the actions to decrease the amount of time you would need to put in on them to fit your specific needs. And we are always looking for ways to continuously improve them.

The Professional Hunter is in production, with some small parts still in the finishing stage. We were hoping to have a sample by SHOT, but will have them shortly after. I will post pics and updates as I can.

We are currently running a special on ALL Long Action Left Hand models. Now (1-17-08) thru the end of the month or until quantities run out, you will receive an 8% discount!

Jeff Sipe, President
Montana Rifle Company

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great news, Jeff!

Best of luck with the new Professional Hunter product!!

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news, Jeff. We like your actions, especially the left-hand model.
Walt

Posts: 324 | Location: VIRGINIA | Registered: 27 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Placed an order for two today! Thanks for the discount.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6643 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jeff, i would really like a PH action; how long before delivery? last time I asked,it was endo 2008.

Posts: 523 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 18 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MontanaJeff
posted Hide Post
Sorry Guys, I wasn't on here all weekend. Took my kids sledding and stuff. The PH is in production right now. We were hopeing to have a working model by SHOT but it looks like we will be a few weeks late for a complete working model. However I think everyone will be pleased with them when they are done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
does this mean you aren't stopping by my place in SW Idaho on the way next Friday enroute to the SHOT Show after all to shoot the 550 Gibbs and show me the new action? You could at least bring the receiver by for a look-see.

Sign me...hearbroken in the high desert.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MontanaJeff
posted Hide Post
Rich,
Give me a call, we can discuss that. I can't promise we'll stop but we can discuss it. We are leaving Thursday morning and have to be at the convention center at 9am Friday morning for booth selection so time is kind crunched.
Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
check your PM, we got a problem here...

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heartfelt congratulations to MRC for producing a wonderful action, weathering the recent storms, and coming through with the PH. Good on you boys, keep up the good work.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered two lefties and was told they would ship 22 Jan 08. This time I will report back to the other forum members when my dealer actually receives them.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6643 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actions came today as promised.
Thank you.
One will be made into a 35 WhelenSmiler

Good work MRC! And a pleasant surprise, the 06 sized action will easily hold five down!