New
Find
Notify
Tools

Regarding SAKO!!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Fellas!!

What is your opinion about Beretta/Sako after these blow up(Burst) accidents, have there been any press releases or statements about them??

One more question, they are talking about a small number of stainless Sako & Tikka T3 rifles manufactured in 2004. How small(Big) number could that be??

P.S I own more than one Sako, but I don�t like this cowardness!!

Best regards

Hall

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's not Sako, it's Berretta.
Large corporations tend to look at issues like this in terms of "damage control". The concept of saying "Hey guys, we have a problem, give us a call" is pretty foreign to the bean counter types. I'm still shooting my stainless model 75, but it doesn't have a fluted barrel.
The beauty of the internet is that even if the corporation doesn't step up to the plate in a timely manner we can still do a decent job of getting the word out.
I agree that Berretta needs to be more aggressive about contacting owners of these rifles. How do you justify playing secret squirrel if someone else gets hurt (or worse)? Well, there is no justification of course. That is where the MBA's are weak on their math.

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love Sako's because they are well made and shoot great. I'm going hunting this weekend and one of the rifles that I'm taking is a Finnlite 300 WSM. I called and it's not part of the recall. I plan to enjoy my rifles until I learn different.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If Beretta/Sako had been up front and announced they had a problem, I would have felt safe with them and felt like they would keep me aware of any potential problems. Now that they've taken this "hide and seek" approach to potentially a very dangerous condition, I have no faith in them and won't buy any of their guns. It's a shame, but that's the way I feel. If they us know what's going on, I feel comfortable. It's the not knowing what their up to that is uncomfortable.
I'd say this is just piss poor management, and dangerously gambling with the company. Should someone get seriously hurt, God forbid, they are leaving themselves open, big time. I'm glad I'm not a stock holder, (or a Sako owner either!!).

posted Hide Post
Here in Sweden the importer (Sako Sweden) has contacted everyone having a rifle from the "problem series", to send them in for checkup.

/Peter

Posts: 21 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Berretta must be led by a bunch of been counting centepedes. They're digging themselves into a big hole with their handling of this situation.. I've been thinking about buying a Sako sporter, but that's on the back burner now. They just don't get the power of the Internet marketing. And, I am not going to support their kind of ineptness. Besides, their rifle parts are WAY overpriced too. I paid $50 each for three Finfire magazines a year ago; that's ludicrous. And, just try to talk to a human being when you call them. All you get is the menu. If I do wind up buying a Sako, it will be an old one.
Don

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't own one!

It gripes my goat that they didn't catch this problem before it happened, that just shows how good their QC is.

Also, the way they've been handling these issues, it sure isn't gonna help their Reputation very much.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote