New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for a Mexican 1936 Mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who makes a correctly inletted stock for the Mexican? I was told you could use a stock inletted for the Swede, but the magazine inletting is not even close.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
www.gunstocks.com
does a bang up job.

jeffe

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
aka GAG

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Chic: aka GAG ??
vas dat mean? Please educate me.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Chic: aka GAG ??
vas dat mean? Please educate me.

GAG stocks are just a boat paddle, compared to Chic's work!

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alls I can say about it is Im still Gaging about G.A.G.

Whats with this guy Henrey? Why would he tell me twice that my stock will be shipped in a couple days , twice over a month ago?
Getting blown off isnt good buissness

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug, my only experience with them was a stock I ordered to make a pattern. It was terrible to say the least.
There was a lot of wood missing where there should have been some, and way to much wood where there shouldnt be. Instead of cutting and splicing I tossed it. It has been a few years and if Jeffe is happy with them, I expect they have cleaned up their act. At the time I got the stock for a pattern, I thought the Acronym of GAG was very fitting. I do think the "Gary Goudy" stock is pretty atrocious and I know Gary well and will have to ask him about it in Reno. I suspect that it is oversize for personal fitting but most people just inlet them and sand.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Thanks chic that clears that up. I really like the Style B & the Orbendorf classic on their website. Does anyone else offer these styles?

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
BTT please