THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Browning 22 pump (trombone) - lightening trigger weight?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning 22 pump (trombone) - lightening trigger weight?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Folks,

Have one these sweet little pump actions, but the trigger weight is AWFUL!!!

Any ideas, thoughts or whatever on how to lighten the trigger pull weight?

I'm pretty competent with tools, and I'm not looking for a 'hair trigger'...

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Cheers...

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
C'mon guys, someone must have some knowledge of these things.... Cool

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Don't see them often on this side of the pond. I have not actually seen one period. Looking at the diagram it appears that you are limited. Polish the trigger and sear. Most of the drag is the actual firing pin spring. While this spring can be shortened and reduce the pull some. If you go to far you have a rifle that won't fire all the time. I would polish the contact surfaces and live with it.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote