New
Find
Notify
Tools

Identify unknown stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to e-mail a picture of a stock that I found in a box that I thought was an extra for my HiWall. After looking at it I know it won't fit my gun. Would somebody look at my e-mail pictures and help me out? papawlambert@starband.net. Thanks Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Email them to

bunduki@sbcglobal.net

and I will post them here for you.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Terry, the pics are on the way. Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
It looks like they are for a 1885 HighWall. But if yours is a Browning or new Winchester they have a a straight receiver in the front tang area. These have the curved area on the receiver/front tang area. I am betting that they will fit an origional 85 or one of the clones like Cimaron or better yet the Ballard 1885.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Hiwall is original, but it is different. Thanks Butch

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I would have to guess then that the stocks came off of a High Wall that was altered somehow. I cant think of any other rifle that has the curved portion like the 85.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you think that somebody changed the curve on the tang area on mine when it was restocked. I really wanted to put this stock on as the one on there now is ugly, has a big cheek piece and a beavertail fore end. Butch