Find
Notify
Tools

bolt handle like Clayton Nelsons
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted
I really like those two 7xs' buy Nelson. I looked at the bolt handle and thought, Man I've done one that looked like that. The action is a square bridge small ring Mexican 98 intermediate length newly machined in steel that I did about 6 to 8 months ago. The bolt is an original Mauser bolt, I welded the handle on it and shaped it up, Safety and bottom are titanium. It's got a titanium fireing pin. I've got it about half way stocked into a high tech synthetic right now. It's a 6.5 x 284.

Posts: 1228 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, thanks for posting.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Timan--

You hit the nail on the head with the position, shape, and length of that bolt handle. It is exactly what I will be having installed on my rifle. I wanted it to be an original Mauser pear shaped handle, 90 degrees straight down to the front 1/3 of the trigger gaurd bow, and with about 1/2 of the knob past the metal to wood line.

PERFECT!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote