New
Find
Notify
Tools

DBM to BDL?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, it seems pretty straight forward, but just in case. I realize the obvious...BDL metal, mag liner, follower and spring.

I will have to post some pics because the follower is riding up and blocking the bolt when empty as well as the cartridges popping up under pressure of the spring. What dimension should the magazine lips have at front and rear?

Gun was a Stainless Synthetic DBM-B (super-deluxe engraving Roll Eyes ) in 260 Rem. I'm putting it in a Boyd Laminate with regular Rem BDL metal. I was going to use my Williams bottom metal but it doesn't fit the stock...another story that I'm waiting for Williams to answer.

Posts: 109 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Not as straight forward as you might think. The DBM receiver is machined differently than the others. The feed rails and the underside of the feed rails have been widened to accept the DB which is a different shape and dimension than the standard magazine.

The good news is, HS Precision makes a great looking detachable unit that would work. A hell of a lot better looking than the factory offering. http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.as...ETACHABLE%20MAGAZINE

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn. I was hoping that wasn't the answer. Not really keen on detachable magazines. Well, I guess if thats the only choice...
Thanks for the reply, first one that made sense.

Posts: 109 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2004Reply With Quote