THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    how do i get to an "address bar" vs a search engine?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how do i get to an "address bar" vs a search engine?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have the need to get to an address bar and don't know how to do it. I need a reply just as fast as anyone who knows can type it in. I'm using WinXP and msn is my homepage. Thanks!!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Go to the View menu, highlight Toolbars and pick the Address Bar.

You can also do Ctrl-L and type in the address you're looking for.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RSY

Wish I knew about Ctrl-L before..handy when you are in the email section.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, gents. My brother is here from WA state and using my dad's computer which is set up differently from his at home. He's been fuming for an hour trying to find the Address Bar. Your help got us to it right away. The problem arose because I had the toolbars locked. I know very little about computers anyway. Everything is OK and we are steaming full-speed ahead.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Despite the fact it's fixed. Back hand your brother for messing with your Da's machine just on the principle of the thing. He must be using that heretical Netscape stuff. IE doesn't have integral e-mail. Any good ISP has an online page so your bro can get his e-mail from anywhere. Smack him again for not knowing that.

Posts: 113 | Location: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 18 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You are correct, sunray. He does use Netscape; swears it's better than any Gates product. Personally, I like Bill Gates. Were it not for Bill Gates and the people he has brought together in Redmond, we'd still be using the old IBM 360 mainframe. Some people, mostly left-wing wackos, are never satisfied.

<Long Shot>
posted
Rootbeer,

Greetings from the People's Paradise of Fairness, Equality and Diversity (California). Granted we Californians are not very smart about the politicians we elect, but we are smart enough to post questions regarding computers in the Technology section of this forum -- not the Gunsmithing section.

Regards,

L. S.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I put the question here because this is where I believe most users come first to read all the funny, juicy stuff from the usual suspects (Pecos45 in particular; he splits my gut). And, I just discovered last night, hours after posting that question, that there even is a Computers section. So, did you sign the recall petition?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rootbeer,

Also, if you use IE and like using the keyboard, you can do a CTRL + L and it will bring up an address box for you to type in. Sometimes I prefer that to switching to the mouse to move up to the address bar.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunray:
Despite the fact it's fixed. Back hand your brother for messing with your Da's machine just on the principle of the thing. He must be using that heretical Netscape stuff. IE doesn't have integral e-mail. Any good ISP has an online page so your bro can get his e-mail from anywhere. Smack him again for not knowing that.

Reply by rootbeer's brother follows:

sunray,
Dopeslap yourself, dingleberry! Pops let me use this machine, no messing was done to it at all. I use Netscape 7.2, WAAAAY better than any IE shite that Bill Gates comes up with, with all that bullclinton Outlook Express for email and stuff. That OE stuff is such shite. So very virus-prone.

And, of course, arsehole, I KNOW how to get my email from any computer WORLDWIDE from my ISP's webmail page. Crikey, I just came back from a month in Vietnam where I uploaded daily journals and pictures to a stateside website. I'm not a computer-flunky, for chrissakes! Yeeeesh! [Roll Eyes]

So dopeslap yourself again, because I already knew that, too! Christ Almighty, you never got very good grades for reading comprehension, didja? Didja?? [Mad]

Well, I probably got my bro all shited up for this post. Hope the mods don't boot him.

Later, Poseuer! [Big Grin]

PS: Maybe the moderators could get a few more graemlins on this board. The selection sucks arse. Where's the one that's eating horsecock? Or the "double bird flip-off" one? Or the one where the smiley is blasting away with twin Colt 45s? Or the AK47? What kind of BB is this?

[ 06-17-2003, 03:11: Message edited by: rootbeer ]