Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muzzle break for 300RUM ?
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone recomend a good muzzle break for my Rem 700pss. Not worried about noise, because my buddies all have 50BMG's. Mostly want to cut down on the big shove when fireing off the concrete bench, and still keep the sight picture.

Posts: 12 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 25 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tracer-

My vote would be for a Vais Brake. Ron Bartlett who owns Vais Arms, Inc. is a real good guy. I have that brake on my .300 Ultra and I love it. His website is: www.muzzlebrakes.com

Good luck.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My friend has a Rem 338 RUM AWR and had an Answer Brake installed. Probably the nicest brake I've seen on a rifle. Not bulky and recoil was moderate. They have a website. H.H.

Posts: 161 | Location: hoosierville | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had excellent results with the David Gentry Quiet Muzzle Break on my 338 Win Mag.
It doesn't seem to raise the noise level for
the shooter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Vais brake is the best, I've installed and tested many brands and Vais Brakes mfg in San Antonio is the best.

Posts: 1538 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm partial to the Vais also. Got one on a .300 ultra and a .338 ultra.

Posts: 108 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to High Performance Gunsmiths and you will be very happy. They take a common sense approach, do not break the bank, and you will end up with a brake that matches your barrel exactly.

Posts: 165 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote