Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 40XB-centerfire stock looks like?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi,

I bought a stock for Remington short action, the description is "Remington 40-XB centerfire" and implies repeater(not s/shot), of wood and is old.

Since no photo is provided by the seller, can someone show me how it looks. I was assuming the stock is nice looking, beefy with thick forend until I saw this site :

http://www.reesesurplus.com/grips.html

Stock 12 is described as "Remington 40-X" and it is just not what I want(maybe it's a rimfire gun stock?)

Thanks in advance

Posts: 638 | Location: O Canada! | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
Pyro---

That looks like a rimfire position rifle with a bedding system installed in the fore-end.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for the stock with the deep belly forend and vertical pistol grip, that would be a 40-xc, or a 40-xr of rimfire. The 40-x stock such as in the picture was used on both rimfire and centerfire, but as Jack mentioned, this one was probably from a rimfire due to the bedding system in the forend. A 40-xbr stock is for the benchrest model and has a shorter flat bottomed forend, and a lower cheekpiece, and would be single shot.

John

Posts: 557 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Pyrotek,

I have a Remington M40X barreled action in .308 Win that came with a stock -- this is a .308 Win repeater configured for across the course or high power shooting. Is this what you wanted?

If so I can make you a deal.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pyrotek-

I have that same stock on a M700 (same basic action) in 6mm Rem. Works like a charm. The comb is so high that there is a groove cut at the front for the bolt when opened (great for scope use).

Jim-

Pyrotek obviously has first dibs, but if he passes, I'd be interested in your stock. Drop me an email with details after Pyorotek decides. Thanks!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi, thanks for the replies.

HunterJim, thanks for the offer, bringing a firearm from US into Canada is a pain now, so that would be good nows for Cold Bore.

BTW this is what I expect the stock to look like:

http://www.accuratereloading.com/rc14.html

Third gun from top. The XC National Match stock
is a little to much wood for me.

Posts: 638 | Location: O Canada! | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Cold Bore,

Email is on the way.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote