New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for an '03 Springfield action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking for an '03 action for a project... anyone know where I might find one or have one they want to sell? I've already got bottom metal and have access to a bolt, so even a stripped receiver would do.

Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last time I looked SARCO was still selling 03 actions in all three brands...Rock Island, Springfield and Remington. I have bought six of them from SARCO over the years and the quality on the ones I got ranged from really good to a couple with minor pitting, mostly below the stock line. All and all I was pleased with them.

CMP also has complete rifles for about $200 above what the SARCO actions sell for and you could sell off the parts you don’t need or want.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is also a group, I think Jouster, do a google for it. it is all collectors and often times if they have something that is not restorable to original condition they will let it go. I needed a couple of 03 bolts, some triggerguards etc. and they came through grand.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote