Find
Notify
Tools

MRC 1999 in a Win. 70 Stock?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted
I was wondering if a MRC long action will fit a Win 70 long action stock? Anyone know what kind of modifications would be required and is it something the average joe that knows his way around a tool bench could do?

Thanks!

Adam

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I thought it would with minor work.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have done a couple. the front receiver ring is a little longer and a little fatter than a model 70. the bottom metal is a bit thicker than a model 70 and a lttle different contour than the model 70. with careful work and a little patience, not to mention sharp tools, it isn't really that much of a job.

Posts: 980 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've done three. Not hard, just be patient and don't rush it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I did mine, a 1999 in 375 H&H. I am no stock maker but it was not a difficult job. It came out great.

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote