Find
Notify
Tools

Columbus OH Gunsmith
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 35whelenman
posted
Looking for a recommendation for someone who can on a Sako rifle. Everyone I've found online is a AR rifle builder.

Posts: 162 | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Drive down and talk to Gerald in Newcomerstown.
https://www.facebook.com/Custo...LLc-244907972288928/

Posts: 19 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hhmag
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I believe off of SR 104 just south of Columbus, there was Ft Knox gun shop...house in the country with a 6 foot fence around it. Had a sign that said something like "If you MUST enter after hours, please remove belts and shoes, the Doberman's have problems digesting leather." IIRC he was a competent smith. Didn't blink when I took him a Tikka with a broken extractor and fixed it overnight for me.

Hair, not Air!
Rob Martin

Posts: 395 | Location: Florida's Fabulous East Coast | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
You must have been there a few years ago. I worked there part time as a college student 36 years ago. It has been closed for about 15 years.

Best thing about working there were the 'self defense' guns for robbery. Knox was a class 3 dealer and there were 3 Thompson Sub machine guns with drums placed in locations around the store in case we were robbed.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do you need done?

I am up in Wooster.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote