New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enders Royal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm new to this site so I hope this is in the right place. I've got an 16 gauge side by side Enders Royal shot gun. It was my grandpa's great grandpa's, anyways I've took on the job of putting a new stock on it but I can't find one anywhere. You guys have any suggestions. I've got the old stock but I am not sure if it is in good enough condition to be copied. I'm trying to get it done before christmas and before he notice's it missing, I want it to be a surprise. I also need the forearm and the bracket that hooks it to the barrel. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Josh

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeastern Oklahoma | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish you all the luck in the world trying to have this done by Xmas...at least this coming Xmas!Smiler

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
ENDERS ROYAL SERVICE: Tradename used by Shapleigh Hardware Company of St. Louis, Missouri on shotguns made by Crescent Fire Arms Company c. 1900.

Commonly found as 16 GA side by side. Right side full choke and left modified. Has double triggers and is hammerless. Ahead of it's time, it had automatic cocking and thumb safety that was automatic when the breach was opened.

The Royal was made for only 3 years, and Enders was in business not much more. Enders merged with other companies over the years, to the point that I think it is Stevens that has a very similar shotgun in their current production line up. I have seen guns with cracked stocks go for up to $1100.00.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might find one pre-inlet for a Crescent double is very close.

Posts: 1238 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply's. I have noticed that Enders Royal have merged with many different companies, and Cresent seems to be the most popular but they only make hammerless shotguns, the one I have has hammers.

Posts: 25 | Location: Southeastern Oklahoma | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give Boyd's a call. I believe they can help. I was just rumaging through a bunch of Shooting Sportsman back issues and read a fine article on Enders, Crescent, etc. I'll try to fins what issue it was.

http://www.boydboys.com/

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote