Find
Notify
Tools

Echols Legend pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents:

While await delivery of mine, would someone mind posting a pic of their's? What I am actually looking for is if someone has a pic of the stock taken from the butt end looking toward the receiver so I can see the cast to it.

I know, an odd request. Thanks anyway.

Jeff

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

I will get a pic from the rear this evening.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks, Charley!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you buy the stock from the ad posted in classifieds? I think I need one.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
I think I need one.

You do. Hands down the best synthetic stock pattern available for the Model 70.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not the best photo, but you get the idea.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
~3/8" of cast-off?

Any toe out.

Very smart request.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charley and Chuck. Chuck's looks like it has a bit more but it's probably the angle. Yes Jim, I got it when D'Arcy posted in the classifieds a couple of weeks ago.

Just what I needed guys!

Thanks!

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Shot at 2006-02-24

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Doug. I love that rifle. Now that it appears you have had it awhile, is it living up to your expectations?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug, what mounts are those?

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
btw, has anyone used the forward sling mounting where, instead of on the forestock like Doug's, it's as an angle on the end of the forestock?

what is the purpose; to give it more of a hang like with a barrel mounted sling swivel?

some other closeups of the rifle would be great for all of us, Doug!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The mounts are S-K. I had him make up the rear one special so that the ring was centered in the base (he did not charge any extra).

After several years and several deer, I am very happy with the rifle. It looks like hell now (40% of the paint is gone, along with most of the blueing on the barrel), but it still shoots MOA to 600 yards. The only change I made was to replace the 3.5x10 with a 4.5x14. I still love the 30-338 chambering and the 12 twist.

Here is a link to the old thread. There are some pics of the mounts and some comments on the stock:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...=165104534#165104534

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
what is the purpose; to give it more of a hang like with a barrel mounted sling swivel?

Well, as I understand it the idea is to keep the swivel from biting you under recoil on a big bore rifle.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAS II:
quote:
I think I need one.

How does this stock fit light barrels, for example a Classic Feitherweight? And how would the weight be with this barrel and Edge fill?
Thanks.

Brent

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brent C.:
quote:
quote:
I think I need one.

How does this stock fit light barrels, for example a Classic Feitherweight? And how would the weight be with this barrel and Edge fill?
Thanks.

Brent

I have one in that exact configuration I'm working on right now. When it is finished I'll let you know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DougH9:
The mounts are S-K. I had him make up the rear one special so that the ring was centered in the base (he did not charge any extra).

Thanks. The rear base is what I was wondering about.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
quote:
Originally posted by Brent C.:
quote:
quote:
I think I need one.

Thanks.

Brent

I have one in that exact configuration I'm working on right now. When it is finished I'll let you know.

Thanks. I can't wait. I've only built one rifle (or had built), a M70 Classic in .300 WSM set in a McMillan HCR stock with Blackburn bottom metal. I really like it, but the problem with building rifles is it makes me want to build more. I've been eyeing a Legend for a looong time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
got my echols legend stock from ups today. i really like the semi open grip. it's extremely comfortable in the hand. the cast on is excellent (LH stock) and allows the eye to line up with the center of the bore line.

what strikes me most is the weight of this stock; it is listed as standard fill and it is quite light. can't imagine what the edge must feel like? at any rate, this will be a good project.