New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement trigger for Zastava mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Zastava Mauser that has a non adj. trigger, that I would like to replace with something adj. This is just a hunting rifle, sporter weight 270 Win. Need some adv. on after market triggers. Thanks

6.5 SWEDE.

Posts: 185 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Simplest is simply get a MKX/Daly (Zastava) adjustable. Just drops in no stock alterations.

Timney you might get by with no or a little alteration. The Boyd will be about half the $$ of a Timney but I hate how high the safety lever sticks up.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Buy the Boyd with no safety and get Jim Kobe's Model 70 style wing safety, you won't be displeased.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would half second that, only get the Timney. They are hard to beat.

Thanks

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
I would half second that, only get the Timney. They are hard to beat.

Thanks

I just installed a Boyd trigger on a Zastava and I gotta tell you, if you were color blind and couldn't read, you would swear it was a Timney. Big Grin Or, at least produced by them.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just installed a Boyd trigger on a Zastava and I gotta tell you, if you were color blind and couldn't read, you would swear it was a Timney. Or, at least produced by them

I've used several of the Boyds. I have found them to be very smooth and easy to adjust. Only issue I have ever had with them is the safety lever. Just to darn long/high for my taste. What I do is rebend and shorten the lever.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Or look on ebay, auctionarms, gunbroker, etc, for an adjustable Mark X trigger. They usually go pretty cheap and work just fine to me.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Masterifleman:
Buy the Boyd with no safety and get Jim Kobe's Model 70 style wing safety, you won't be displeased.

I am just curious, if one went this route, wouldn't you also have to change out the cocking piece?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all help, I guess I'll just look around and see what I can find. I don't have to have it rite now. You have given me a lot of options. Thanks agin.

6.5 SWEDE.

Posts: 185 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
One for sale.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=93096118

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
quote:
Originally posted by Masterifleman:

I am just curious, if one went this route, wouldn't you also have to change out the cocking piece?

No, I don't think you would.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
"I am just curious, if one went this route, wouldn't you also have to change out the cocking piece?"

Yes! If your's is the FN style contored cocking piece, Jim may charge you more for it. If it is the 98 Mauser style, just send it to Jim and he'll swap you for one of his (I paid $90 for mine) already made up.

Jkob60@msn.com

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote