Find
Notify
Tools

Rugar trigger, needs work
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted
I have a Rugar 77 (tang saftey) in 220 swift and would like a little less trigger pull. Is this adjustment some thing that a person who knows the difference between a hammer and a mallet can do?
Or is it better left to a pro gunsmith?

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too have a moddel 77 with the tang saftey,

I had trigger work done and the end result was that it had issues with firng on bolt closuer and when saftey taken off after about 2 years later (~ 150 rounds later).

I tried to adjust it myself and realized that the sear engagement and the lbs pull are determined (for the most part) by 1 screw.

After getting it to where it functioned properly for the saftey and bolt, the weight was back up to ~ 4 lbs pull.

At that point I replaced it with a Timney trigger. Only issue with that was it needed to have the trigger guard filed out for the trigger to fit in.

Posts: 270 | Location: Cedar Rapids IA | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alleyyooper:
I have a Rugar 77 (tang saftey) in 220 swift and would like a little less trigger pull. Is this adjustment some thing that a person who knows the difference between a hammer and a mallet can do?
Or is it better left to a pro gunsmith?

Big Grin Al

No, you would need to know the difference between shit and shinola. Big Grin Hire it done. In the right hands, it can turn out better than any Timney.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote