New
Find
Notify
Tools

cz safety questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thinking of getting a CZ but don't like the backwards safety. I've heard they can be converted? How difficult? Can the parts be bought or does it require making them? How expensive? Does it change the looks of the gun?

Posts: 3810 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Try a couple searches. You'll have results using Ed Lapour for one example. (Yes it is expensive.)

New CZ's unlike the old Brno's are forward-to-fire FYI.

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bnagel--New cz forward to fire. I had heard that so I checked it out with CZ. The 550 American is forward to fire---that is for the most part larger cal. I want a small cal and they are still backwards.

Posts: 3810 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Yep the 550 is forward the 527 and rimfires are back to fire. I haven't seen a replacement for the 527. Doesn't mean there isn't one. YOu might try here.

http://www.czforum.com/

I did see a reference saying Jim Winser was making a safety for the rimfire. Might check with him

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayne Jacobson at AHR is THE answer.

www.hunting-rifles.com

Click on CZ owners box and pretend it's Christmas!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Bnagel--New cz forward to fire. I had heard that so I checked it out with CZ. The 550 American is forward to fire---that is for the most part larger cal. I want a small cal and they are still backwards.

Alright. My Brno is a magnum but I bet Lapour makes one for you. My CZ's are 7x64 and .416 Rigby. Plan on upwards of 300 bucks.

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And you can't remove a live round from the chamber with the safety on,,, not a fan of that

Location Western NC,,, via alot of other places,
One wife
Two kids
Three Glocks
and a couple cats.

Posts: 376 | Location: Western, NC, USA | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With Quote