New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fiberglass stock paint question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
McMillan, B&C and others have stocks with a spiderweb pattern sprayed over a base coat. I though an aerosol spiderweb paint was available but can't find any. Anyone out there know how the spiderweb pattern is put on the base coat? Thanks all, Russ Green

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ-

Keep looking, maybe try a different store.

The paint is out there, in aerosol cans. It's usually marketed as "splatter paint" or something like that. It looks "almost" like the factory stuff, although it does have a little less "webbing" or "threads" between the splatters.

BTW, I'm sure that HS Precision, et al, are shooting their stocks with a spray gun, not cans, but I have a couple buddies that have done their rifles in aerosol splatter paint & they look great.

Experiment on something else first though, cause using it is obviously a lot different than trying to apply a smooth even coat of normal paint...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Do an internet search on "Krylon Webbing Spray"

I got mine out of some place in Texas that specialized in art/craft type stuff. About 2-3 bucks a can.

Comes in little 4 ounce cans, but one can will do about three stocks. Even is you practice a bit before the first stock.

HTH, Good luck.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, you guys are the best.Russ

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote