Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Trigger Adjust?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of rainman1882
posted

Posts: 120 | Location: eastern montana | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Waffen
posted Hide Post
It's true. It's safe. I've done it tons of times. Have fun with it, go slow. I always put the wifes nail polish on the screws after I'm done adjusting so they don't move under recoil.

Good luck.

Posts: 182 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman1882:
http://www.quarterbore.com/library/articles/rem700trigger.html

Is this true? Any comments? Safe?

Changing a simple trigger spring is beyond this guy's ability and understanding, so I would be very cautious following his advise on making "adjustments" to the Remington trigger. In fact, if Remington trigger adjustment instructions don't begin with: "Remove, strip and clean the entire trigger assembly first..." then I would be a little wary of the advise.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rainman1882
posted Hide Post
Waffen, Malm thanks for the input. Lets get some more comments.

Posts: 120 | Location: eastern montana | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman1882:
Waffen, Malm thanks for the input. Lets get some more comments.

What is it you want to hear?

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rainman1882
posted Hide Post
I'm sure more than two people have heard of this or will have done it.

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
OK, I've done it many times. I'm real careful and I don't adjust triggers below 2 lbs. I do a lot of testing to make sure the rifle won't fire when dropped with safety off or when safety is released. If you're willing to take the time to properly clean, lube and test your adjustments these instructions work fine, but if you don't you could be risking an awful lot.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Waffen
posted Hide Post
Good Point TT. I would take the scope off after doing the adjustment and drop the rifle from 3-4 feet right on the recoil pad. Then just drop it a few times. I then will usually open and close the bolt as fast as I can and as hard as I can to see if I can get the sear to release accidently.

Alaways be sure to take the safety on and off 10 or so times durring these tests to ensure it will not malfunction.

I've modified a trigger to be too light before (non 700) and it's something you don't want. That gun was range use only, but it was still scary when it went off accidently.

Posts: 182 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
i have done several 700 triggers and have had very good results. the only screw that i touch is the trigger pull and it gives me a nice crisp trigger at about 3 1/2 lbs. but even still check the rifle thoroughly to make sure it doesnt fire when its not supposed to

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote