Find
Notify
Tools

Odd .270 reamer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
I bought some sort of .270 Imp. reamer from a chap on another forum, he wasn't sure exactly what it is.
Its a finish reamer by the Fuller tool Co. and has 270 ( something ) on it......the ( something ) having been ground off. Base dia appears standard whereas the shoulder appears to be .4555" Dia. and the neck seems to be standard length ( these are rough measurements with a digital vernier ).....would this be a 270 Ackley?

Roger

Posts: 1041 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My reference lists the shoulder at .450 in. for the .270 AI.

quote:
Originally posted by yumastepside:
I bought some sort of .270 Imp. reamer from a chap on another forum, he wasn't sure exactly what it is.
Its a finish reamer by the Fuller tool Co. and has 270 ( something ) on it......the ( something ) having been ground off. Base dia appears standard whereas the shoulder appears to be .4555" Dia. and the neck seems to be standard length ( these are rough measurements with a digital vernier ).....would this be a 270 Ackley?

Roger

Posts: 3713 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
.....just answered my own question, the shoulder angle is about 30 Deg., so I'm thinking 270 RCBS imp.

Roger

Posts: 1041 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote