Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman 1A cocking piece aperture sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
here's my deal:

I have a Mannlicher-Schoenauer scout rifle, given to me by my father-in-law. He's reached an age where he was reducing his gun cabinet. Two years ago, he took a renewed interest in shooting and hunting- a great thing, as he had some problems he needed some relief from, and this renewed interest alleviated them.

He borrowed the MS back, and put a front sight on it (I poopedSmiler, the barrel was custom made & fitted by Fred Wells). He couldn't get it together to have a rear sight put on it. Griffin & Howe said they didn't do the work anympore, and didn't have the sights. I tripped over the Lyman sight on ebay, bought it, and had it shipped to my father-in-law. It needs the sight stem and aperture- can this be made, and does anyone have a picture of a complete Lyman 1A?

I guess I'm looking for a gunsmith that could refurbish it, or maybe I can.

Any/all suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would guess that you could buy the stem/apperture from another 1a and shorten it. Most other 1a's don't go for nearly as much. It's too bad Rick0311 isn't allowed here anymore, he had a good source for Lyman sights and I think parts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Garry Fellers in Ft. Worth, Texas: (817) 346-9633. He specializes in old sights and parts for them.

Posts: 466 | Location: South West USA | Registered: 11 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called him, he has what I need, thanks.

decent guy, too.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote