Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmith - Jack Hamrick
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sactoller
posted
Has anyone heard from the gunsmith Jack Hamrick?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Z Alberts

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you." – Samuel Adams

Posts: 347 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: 04 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used him. He did a great job with a reasonable price. I would not hesitate to use him again. Email him to find out the best time to talk to him since he is teaching gunsmithing at the college.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
He did a couple 2 position Mauser safeties for me. Great job at a great price. super guy.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sactoller
posted Hide Post
The issue is that his phone number is disconnected and he has not answered any of my emails for the past month. He is no longer employed at Piedmont Tech.

He has my action, stock, barrel and bottom metal and is supposed to be doing a build.

Jason Z Alberts

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you." – Samuel Adams

Posts: 347 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: 04 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Try reaching him through Ebay.

http://myworld.ebay.com/hamrickcustom

I know his wife was having some serious health issues and he was having to care for her. That may be part of the situation.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sactoller
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was aware of his wife's issue, but he has never not gotten back to me. (I know a double negative)

Thanks, I will try the ebay route.

Jason Z Alberts

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, he may be having more issues with his wife that has him occupied. I would trust him. He always eventually called or emailed.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sactoller
posted Hide Post
Well, it is not looking good, but all numbers that I had, are shut off, and no one at the college has been able to get a hold of him. There is on part time GS that was doing some work for him, I will try and get a hold of him on Wed.

Thanks, to all those that have provided information.

Jason Z Alberts

One of Us
Picture of sactoller
posted Hide Post
For those that have any firearms with Jack, you may want to contact me, this weekend either via PM or email, txtoller@uwmail.com.

Thanks,

Jason Z Alberts

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got an email from Jack this morning, so he's back in action. If you need his numbers pm me or use his old email address; that's where the email originated.

Posts: 274 | Location: GREENVILLE SC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One more chapter in the sad story of Jack Hamrick and his "gunsmithing". I sent him an M48 action to barrel, chamber, and crown, then drill/tap/bend bolt. The drill/tap/bend bolt went OK. The bolt won't close on a go gauge, and the chamber wasn't chamfered properly so rounds don't load from the magazine. His phone voice mail plays "full" and he won't answer emails or voice mails to his home. ON top of all this when I sent the barreled action back to him for repair at his suggestion, he never p/u from the post office and they returned it to me a month later. Sad.

Posts: 274 | Location: GREENVILLE SC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote