New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm-223 WSSM ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have any information about the possibility of necking the 223 WSSM up to 6mm? QuickLoad indicates that it has a lot of potential, even though it is a bit overbore. I have a 6mm project gun in the works, and have yet to settle on a chambering. I am at 6-250 or 6-250 AI right now. I am intrigued about the possiblilities that the short fat case may have in 6 mm.

Posts: 46 | Location: Maple Valley, WA | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
techshooter

Ok dude turn your head and look the other way 'cause this is gona hurt.

The .243wssm is a 6mm. OUCH

God Bless and good luck
Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, but what is the case capacity? I have no capacity data other than the 223 WSSM. I have heard that the 243 WSSM is even larger than the 223 WSSM, hence my question, as I do not want to go overbore for this rifle. Thanks for the heads up, but I really meant what I asked. Just curious.

Posts: 46 | Location: Maple Valley, WA | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I haven't measured and weighed them yet, but I believe that the two cases are identical except for neck diameter (which will effect case capacity a little, but not much). FWIW - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
is it really worth it to go that much faster than a 22-250 and burn all that extra powder? personaly i think a 700 vs in 22-250 is plenty.

Posts: 26 | Location: alberta | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
243WSSM,6mm-250,6mm250AI,...why not just do a 243AI?It'll fit most short actions without any reciever or magazine work whatsoever.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is the listed MV of the 243 WSSM? Something like 10 fps faster than a 6mm Remington? Weehah there is a reason to buy a new rifle. Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote