Find
Notify
Tools

Heym bbl.s, anyone use them?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted
Does anybody have any experience with these bbl.s?

I am thinking of a couple of builds, & the 'smith I may use, uses these almost exclusively.....any thoughts or experiences?

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wayne Elmer
posted Hide Post
My experience is limited to a single example, but it is a positive one. I have a custom M70 Winchester in 7x57, barrelled by Martini & Hagn, that uses a lightweight profile 22 inch Heym barrel. Accuracy with factory ammo is excellent, and it cleans easily.

If your smith likes them, and Martini & Hagn use them, I think you probably don't have too much to worry about.

Regards, Wayne E.

Posts: 119 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
I've got two, a 6.5mm and a 7mm. They are both ocatagon. Both are not yet fitted to actions.
they'll both be rifles soon. They look good for the money.
Timan

Posts: 1225 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like Wayne omly a couple examples but both apparently good.

Two friends; one had a .308 Winchester & a .30/06 Springfield Heym sporter-weight barrels put two L/H Remington 700 actions. Both shot excellently.

Another had a Heym barrel put on a Mauser action in 9.3x62 - also shot superb.

I can imagine the barrels were good to begin with and also in both cases gunsmiths with known abilities for building accurate rifles were used. So probably a combination of good components being assembled by a competent "smith".

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote