New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: MAGNAPORTING
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Whitworth 375 that came to me magnaported. Love the rifle, but I'm thinking of cutting and recrowning to get rid of it because of the noise. My shoulder can heal a lot easier than my ears. bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get one of those strap on pads or a padded shooting jacket for range work. Add a pad to the butstock. I think you made a good decision. In the field, hunting, you won't be botherd by the recoil.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot my new Blaser R-93 barrel in 300 Win Mag with Magna Port today for the second time, for a few rounds before I got rained out. I was sighting in the scope with Remington factory 180 Ballistic Tips. I had a few other factory loads to test but got rained out.
I was not a fan of Magna Port until I shot this barrel. It kicks less than my 308 bbl. I fired a few rounds with out ear protection and it did not hurt my ears like regular muzzle breaks do. Another nice thing I have discovered about Magna Port is that it does not kick up grass and/or dust when shooting prone. This 300 Mag Magna Ported bbl just may become one of my favorite Blaser bbls.
My buddy was shooting beside me [about 10 to 12 feet away, were were shooting prone] and he did not complain about the blast. So far I like it.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote