New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zastava trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Zastava Mauser in 338 W.M. That I am building up into a nice traditional walnut and steel rifle. Looking at the trigger, it does not resemble an original 98 Mauser. Is that a variation starting with the F.N. Then Charles Daly , Rem 798. For the utmost in reliability, would I be better off replacing it with an original. Less moving parts, springs etc.. or instal a Timney. I have seen the Anchutz/ Mauser double set trigger design, it seems so simple and hardy.
Any input on your preferance is much appreciated.
Charles

Posts: 1024 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
I have several of these rifles since they make a left handed Mauser variant. I have been able to adjust the factory triggers and they turned out very nice.

The instructions are available online.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look up the instructions for adjusting the triggers on the Interarms Mark X. Identical gun.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with them but a Timney is a better quality trigger.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All your input appreciated.

Posts: 1024 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Bold trigger on my Mark X in 338 WM, but I generally use Timneys on my Mausers.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Timney trigger on a 96 Swedish Mauser and it has been nothing but trouble. It's the model with the slide button safety. There's the problem. That safety is attacked to the trigger assembly by a miniature C-Clip and the whole assembly is flimsy. It keeps coming apart. Timney send me repair parts, but I said the hell with it and left the safety off and am using the wing safety on the bolt.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I used a lot of bold safeties but they are no longer made. Never had a problem with Timney though.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I used a lot of bold safeties but they are no longer made. Never had a problem with Timney though.

I have a Husky 9.3x57 that the Swedes done and they have a lever conversion for that Mauser swing safety that is just Jim Dandy!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:

My local Smith put the Bold trigger on it when he put the barrel on the rifle. I thought I had specified a Timney, but apparently I hadn't. No problems with the Bold mind you, works just fine, I still prefer a Timney.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Timney's are fine, but the last five triggers I have bought are Jards and they are great!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote