New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thread size/pitch for Sako?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The trigger on my L-461 was varnished up and sluggish from 4 decades of non-use. On disassembling the rifle I found that the overtravel adjust screw and nut were missing.
I'd imagine they are the same thread spec as the trigger pull weight adjust screw, but could use the numerical designates for the metric thread and pitch to help me source them. I may use a nut to secure it or I may just use some blue loctite.
I'm not too worried about finding a genuine sako part for this function as I don't plan on pulling the trigger hard enough to peen over an unhardened screw Smiler

Posts: 718 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The thread is standard M4x0.7 (4mm diameter, 0.7mm pitch)

The screw is not mounted square to the front surface of the trigger lever. (as I am sure you will have noticed) It would therefore be a good idea to round off the tip of the screw you fit to an (approximately) hemispherical shape.

As far as I am aware, the Sako factory never put a locking nut on the over-travel screw on this model trigger. It certainly doesn't hurt to do something to ensure that it stays in place, though - I put low-strength, Loctite 290 on mine.

Posts: 160 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 26 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Red. I'll use that spec to get a replacement.

Posts: 718 | Location: Utah | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With Quote