Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MRC 1999, Need stock and Gunsmith
 Login/Join

posted
I am thinking about keeping this if I can find a reasonable stock and a Gunsmith to make it perfect.

Can you guys recommend anybody? Its a 7mm WSM Stainless barrelled action.

I am in Roswell, GA but definitely willing to ship it out. Also open to a used or synthetic stock.

Thanks,

Rob

Posts: 14 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 03 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try accuracy inovations and or serrengetti, I probably spelled somthin wrong there so you may have to search. ...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
posted Hide Post
Serengeti stocks an awful lot of M1999s.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've got an Accurate Innovations stock on order for my left handed, MRC short action, they are one of the few who make a drop in lefty stock.

Of course, I've had it on order since May 3rd.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well I am in no rush, but can't afford the Serengeti. Does AI do any action work?

Thanks,

Rob

Posts: 14 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 03 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Jim Brockman does. And he has a pretty reasonable laminated stock for it.

Brockman's

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
McMillan can do stocks for the M1999. I have a LH Supergrade on order. They take the model 70 stocks and change the bottom metal inletting and tang area. I also have two Accurate Innovations stocks for the LH M1999 action and they are outstanding.

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Accurate Innovations only builds stocks, I don't believe they do any gunsmithing.

quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:

Brockman's

On their website in the other accessories section (the page you linked to) Brockman says "These items are only sold preinstalled on our package rifles." I don't know if you can get them to do it on your action.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
a Gunsmith to make it perfect.

Consider selling the barreled action as is before getting in deeper. To slick the MRC's that I had it's going to take a couple hundred bucks at least.

Making it "perfect" is not going to be cheap.

Mine was a SS action and barrel and after looking at other guns rather than just dreaming about it the look of SS in a wood stock does not appeal to me that much.

You could just get a composite stock and do that up right. As far as slicking it goes it's already barreled so it will shoot the same anyway. You can use it as is with a stock on it and adjust the trigger yourself.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rob,

Check your email.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Accurate Innovations only builds stocks, I don't believe they do any gunsmithing.

quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:

Brockman's

On their website in the other accessories section (the page you linked to) Brockman says "These items are only sold preinstalled on our package rifles." I don't know if you can get them to do it on your action.

That only applies to certain things that need gunsmithing that were the original content of that page before stocks were added.

He will sell the stocks finished, drop-in or unfinished, drop-in. In my case he's going to add a wrist pin for a slight charge and I'm going to have the forend hanger deleted since I have a barrel band sling swivel.

His stocks come standard with LimSaver pads, too.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rob,

You might want to check out Robar. I have had them build three rifles for me in the past and their work is really nice. Their metal finishes are some of the best out there.

They will fully stock (pillar bedded) your rifle with a McMillan stock for around $500.00...and give your barreled action a complete metal finish of NP3 (self lubricating) on the innards and Rogard on the exterior for $185.00.

With a McMillan stock, your stainless barreled action, and Robar’s metal finishing, you could probably drop your rifle in your swimming pool and leave it there for a week without damage! Smiler

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote