New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi, how many of you need a new custom stock for your rifle?....
I'm now building some stocks in Rem 700 action and Mauser '98 large ring.
I use my native woods like "sonokeling"(indian rosewood), "jati"(teak), "macassar ebony",etc....Its all "exotic", strong, stable, and "dependable" wood. I also have some blanks.
Please feel free to contact me if you need one,....maybe we can "barter"...I need some tools/equipments/books,etc...that i can't find here in my country.
You can find me (sebastian) and see some of my work at Forums.Hunting Firearms...in rifles thread ("stock,need opinion", "satin", and "stock evaluation")

Best Regards,
sebastian.
email: visi@telkom.net

Posts: 38 | Location: Indonesia | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Your country isn't in your profile, and you don't give any clue here.

Where the devil are you?

This makes a big difference... [Smile]

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We do not have forums titled, Forums.Hunting Firearms

Problem with the woods you mentioned is that they are very heavy, rarely used for complete rifles.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi, jpb and Customstox! Nice to have your response! [Smile]
Here the web: http://forums.huntingfirearms.com

*Customstox, you're right that some of my woods are heavy, it is around 2,1 lbs for a classic or monte carlo style...but some are not.
I'm glad that seemed you're familiar with some my wood.

Best Wishes,
sebastian.

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Sebastion
I think you did a good job on those stocks, I'll take the liberty of posting them here, hope you don't mind.
 -

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's okay for the pix, dempsey...and thanks for your comment!

I will "trade" that kind of complete stock for around 500 USD, included the shipping cost(by UPS International)...Just "pay" after you get and satisfied with my stock!
Two years limited warranty for the wood. You can send me back if my stock then cracking or bend...Yes i mean it!!!. I can assure you that i know what a "RESPONSIBILITY" and "TRUSTINESS" really mean......

I think i'm offering you all a very FAIR trade and you can see yourself how cheap is the price....

"Barter" with some assecories or tools that i didn't have here is what i need...

For Rem 700BDL and '98er action rifle, i only need your barrel countur.

You just need to do do simple glass/epoxy bedding for my stock. I also prepare brass pilar bedding in my stock.

Best Regards,
sebastian.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi There. I am the proud owner of the stock that is pictured earlier in this thread. All I can say is that I am very happy with the work that Sebastian did. Honestly the picture doesn't do justice to this stock. The other side has a cheekpiece with a shadow line and it is flawless. The finish is excellent and the checkering alone would cost several hundred dollars at many shops.

As far as the wood, this one is made from "Sonokeling"...????.. I didn't know either until I saw it. It is very similar to walnut in color and while it doesn't have any "Burl" in the grain, it has a lot more noticble grain than a straight grained piece of walnut, I really think it makes an attractive stock. As far as weight it doesn't seem to be any heavier than a dense piece of walnut, not the lightest stock in the world but not so heavy as to be burdensome by any stretch of the imagination.

All I can say is that if you are in the market for a good looking wood stock, give Sebastian a try. His offer is unbeatable with the satisfaction guaranteed deal. Pay him after you recieve the stock. How can you beat that. His stock work is at least as good and probably considerably better than what most factory rifles have on them. He is limited in the actions that he can make but might be able to work off an old stock as a pattern if you send him one.

A year ago I was just like the rest of you, I had no idea who this man was. I had to look on the map to see just where Indonesia was. He and I started "talking" on a message board such as this and now I am the proud owner of a fine stock from a very honorable man who just happens to be a fine craftsman.

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at klsm@adelphia.net

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote