Find
Notify
Tools

Building a ADL mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Every once in a while I look around and notice I have enough parts to build something weird.

So as it turns out I have a VZ24 action, a Tikka T3 varmint weight barrel in 30-06 and and a thumbhole fiberglass stock inletted for a M700 long action.

After messing with the stock I feel as though I have enough fiberglass to extended the tang screw back the .33 of an inch to make the stock work.

It is an ADL and since I don't have any bottom metal for this rifle and the stock is already a ADL my first thought is to build it as a ADL.

So the real question is, is there such a thing as a magazine for the Mauser 98 that will work as an ADL inlet?

Can I cut down and epoxy or solder a 98 Magazine box to the receiver and use a ADL type magazine spring and follower. Probably just use a military one as they are cheap and retarded strong.

Once I get the stock inletted for the recoil lug on the Mauser I am going to gut it pretty yard with some dremel type bits in my drill press and remove enough material to bed it deeply with bisonite and pillars.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I've done an ADL type bottom on several M98s. On a couple I found the old sheet metal military box and cut it off the bottom. Other I simply made a sheet metal box.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Sure, what Ram said; saw off a 98 box, or make one. Piece of cake.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've done a couple. Lined the mortise with 3/16" Lexon epoxied in place.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
That is what I thought. I have a broken Aluminum bottom metal and I thought it would be easier to just cut if off and use it like a ADL type system.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote